A mammography is an advanced specialized system developed for breast imaging that takes the help of low-dose-x-rays to detect cancer before symptoms are realized by the patient. It is a widely used non-invasive medical test that provides great assistance to physicians during the identification as well as treatment of health issues. Mammography workstations allow medical physicians to view, operate, store and assess images received from different sources such as breast ultrasound, breast MR, CR mammography, and digitalized films. In recent times, the adoption of such imaging systems has increased as it reduces the chances of death that happens due to breast cancer.
An increase in the prevalence of breast cancer coupled with a rising approval rate for mammography systems is among the key factors driving significant growth for the market. According to World Cancer Research Fund International (WCRFI), the world is experiencing a rapid surge in breast cancer cases and it is spreading as one of the most recurrent types of cancer across the globe. The growing geriatric population and rapid technological advancements in the field of mammography workstations, especially the key contribution of machine learning and AI are significantly changing the market dynamics. Furthermore, growing awareness regarding mammography and increasing government screening programs are further helping the market to grow.
- The multimodality mammography workstations segment is predicted to lead the global market for mammography workstation. Growing awareness about the efficacy of digital mammography, favorable government initiatives, and increasing prevalence of breast cancer are driving the growth of the segment.
- Among end-use segments, the hospital segment dominated the global market and is anticipated to retain its dominance in the coming years. Key advancements in the field of diagnostic analysis, increasing breast screening programs, rising implementation of breast screening guidelines in developing economies, and the growing trend of workflow automation helping the segment to grow.
- The diagnostic screening segment is expected to account for the largest revenue share in the mammography workstation market. A major shift in the market due to the increasing adaptation for 3D clinical diagnostics along with an increasing preference for multimodality diagnostic imaging over single modality workstations complementing the segment’s growth.
- North America held a dominant position in the global market and is projected to grow with a similar trend in the near future. Increasing cases of breast cancer, major efforts by the government to reduce this cases count, and availability of better healthcare infrastructure contributing to an exponential growth of the regional market.
- GE Healthcare, medical technology, and digital solutions provider has collaborated with Newport Beach, a leading provider of enterprise healthcare services. Through this collaboration, both companies are aiming to improve the mammography workflow and enhance the image management.
Leading Players Holding Strong Position in the Mammography Workstation Market
The global mammography market is witnessing entries of several prominent startups posing a healthy challenge for established market players. Key players are putting their efforts to conduct the proper implementation of technological advancements and also developing solutions to eliminate side effects of the procedures. Some of the top players present in the market include Philips Healthcare, Fujifilm, Trivitron Healthcare, Hologic, Modi Medicare, Siemens Healthcare, GE Healthcare, and others. These players are following key strategies such as collaborations, partnerships, and product launches to improve their position in the market.
Deep-dive Insights on Mammography Workstation Market by Polaris Market Research: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/mammography-workstation-market