Phytosterols are a collection of chemicals that include plant-derived stanols and sterols found in plant fatty tissues. These molecules have a chemical structure that is comparable to cholesterol. Phytosterols, like cholesterol in humans, are naturally occurring substances present in plant cell membranes. Product demand is expected to be driven by the increasing use of skin creams, sun care lotions, and anti-aging products in the cosmetics industry.
Phytosterols are also used as a Nutra-cosmeceutical for internal skin treatment to promote anti-aging and improve skin quality. They are added to functional meals, supplements, and other goods to help limit cholesterol absorption, curb hunger, and speed up the body’s metabolism.
Key Influencing Factors for Phytosterols Market
- The number of people suffering from cardiovascular diseases, obesity, and excessive body fat deposition is steadily increasing, which is a major source of concern among the growing population. This has increased the use of phytosterols in a variety of industries, including functional foods, nutritional supplements, medications, and so on.
- The cosmetics industry offers a wide range of mature plant-based products owing to the significant rise in demand for bio-based cosmetic products. Phytosterols are used in personal care and cosmetics products, such as anti-aging creams.
- The cosmetics sector now offers a wide range of mature plant-based products. Personal care and cosmetics goods, such as anti-aging lotions, include phytosterols because of the enormous increase in demand for bio-based cosmetics.
- The manufacturing industry is focusing on utilizing bio-based/plant-based raw materials to reduce carbon emissions and gain consumer confidence by producing products with fewer or no adverse effects.
- Phytosterols are utilized in animal feed to improve feed efficiency, particularly in chicken and shrimp diets. In the future period, the rising need for animal protein and meat diets is predicted to promote product demand, supporting phytosterols market statistics globally.
- Higher product costs and a shift in preference for replacements are two factors that could limit the global market’s growth over the forecast period. However, increased government support for phytosterols and associated goods will help the market overcome obstacles and grow steadily in the years ahead.
Regional Outlook for Phytosterols Market
The phytosterols market in North America is growing at a faster rate due to the rising demand for nutraceuticals and their multiple applications in the pharmaceutical industry. Phytosterols are anticancer and prostrate-cure agents that help lower blood cholesterol levels. Growing consumer health knowledge, as well as the therapeutic benefits of phytosterols, will improve the industry landscape.
The FDA has issued an interim final rule allowing plant sterol and sterol esters to be used to treat coronary heart disease. Furthermore, the industry in the Asia Pacific, which includes countries such as India and China, is expected to rise rapidly due to rising consumer awareness and demand for functional foods and beverages supplemented with phytosterols.
Deep-dive Insights on Phytosterols Market by Polaris Market Research: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/phytosterols-market/request-for-sample