The global eosinophilic esophagitis drug market size is expected to reach US$ 189.7 million by 2028 according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Eosinophilic Esophagitis Drug Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Product (Off-Label Drugs, Budesonide Oral Suspension, Fluticasone ODT, Mepolizumab, Reslizumab, Benralizumab, Dupilunab, Omalizumab, QAX576, AKOO2, and Losartan); By Diagnosis; By Treatment; By Regions; Segment Forecast, 2021 – 2028” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
The market for eosinophilic esophagitis drug is driven by the growing prevalence of type II inflammatory disorders including EoE, advances in the treatment procedures, and intense competition among players for the first FDA approved drug to have a first-mover advantage. Huge unmet in EoE is also favoring the growth of the eosinophilic esophagitis drug industry. Diagnosis criteria of EoE are imperfect, as it is derived by expert opinions (with consensus between gastroenterologists, allergists, and pathologists), rather than being evidence-based. Currently, histologic criteria for EoE is not clear and it requires repeated tissue assessment to confirm disease onset, as there is no coherence between disease activity with patient symptoms.
The global eosinophilic esophagitis drug industry is fragmented based on the product, diagnosis, treatment, and region. In terms of product, the market is segmented into off-label drugs, Budesonide Oral Suspension, fluticasone ODT, Mepolizumab, Reslizumab, Benralizumab, Dupilunab, Omalizumab, QAX576, AKOO2, and losartan. Based on the diagnosis, the market for eosinophilic esophagitis is further bifurcated into upper endoscopy, esophagus biopsy, blood tests, others. Based on treatment, the eosinophilic esophagitis market is further bifurcated into dietary therapy, medication, dilation, others.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the following link: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/eosinophilic-esophagitis-drug-market/request-for-sample
- The Dupilunab segment of the eosinophilic esophagitis drug industry accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 as the majority of rare disease lies within neurology therapy area. Dupilunab market held over 25% of the global share in 2020.
- Based on treatment, the dietary therapy segment for the eosinophilic esophagitis drug industry is projected to constitute almost half of the market in 2028. This can be attributed to current treatment based on a strict dietary regimen owing to the onset of EoE following food allergies.
- North America region is dominating the global eosinophilic esophagitis market, holding almost one-third of the market share throughout forecast period. No FDA approved drugs and huge unmet medical needs are factors responsible for such growth.
- The players including Bristol-Myers Squibb, Takeda (Shire), AstraZeneca, and Regeneron pharmaceuticals together hold a significant market share of the global market in 2020.
List of Key Players
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Adare Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Takeda (Shire)
- DBV Technologies
- Falk Pharma GmbH
- Allakos, Inc.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Ception Therapeutics
Polaris Market Research has segmented the eosinophilic esophagitis drug market report on the basis of product, diagnosis, treatment, and region:
Eosinophilic Esophagitis Drug, Product Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Off-Label Drugs
- Budesonide Oral Suspension
- Fluticasone ODT
Eosinophilic Esophagitis Drug, Diagnosis Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Upper Endoscopy
- Esophagus Biopsy
- Blood Tests
Eosinophilic Esophagitis Drug, Treatment Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Dietary Therapy
Eosinophilic Esophagitis Drug, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa