The global membrane bioreactor market size is expected to reach USD 7.08 billion by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Membrane Bioreactor Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Configuration (External, Submerged); By Type of Membrane (Flat Sheet, Hollow Fiber, Multi-tubular); By End-Use; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
Membrane bioreactors involve a combination of biological treatment processes and membrane filtration for enhanced treatment of effluents. These membrane bioreactors are integrated with low-pressure microfiltration or ultrafiltration membranes for critical solid-liquid separation processes. They can be vacuum or pressure-driven systems.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/membrane-bioreactor-market/request-for-sample
The different end uses include industrial and municipal. The municipal segment dominated the global market in 2021. The rise in population and urbanization has increased the generation of wastewater from domestic and residential sectors. The rise in concerns associated with water scarcity and water pollution has encouraged governments across the world to introduce stringent regulations for wastewater treatment. The use of a membrane bioreactor assists in the separation of harmful content from wastewater, increasing its ability to be reused.
Asia Pacific generated significant revenue in 2021 owing to growth in urbanization and a rise in population. Industrial growth in countries such as Japan, China, and India has resulted in greater demand for the industry. Economic growth and the introduction of stringent water regulations boost industry growth in the region. Industry players with global presence are increasingly strengthening their presence in this region to cater to the growing consumer demand.
The global membrane bioreactor suffered from the outbreak of COVID-19 due to reduced demand from the industrial sector. Industries such as food & beverages and oil & gas suffered from the shutting of manufacturing facilities, disruption of the supply chain, and operational restrictions. The global market also experienced limited availability of raw materials, a lack of workforce, and restrictions on the movement of goods. However, greater demand from the municipal sector was experienced owing to the implementation of lockdowns across the world, which increased waste generation from the domestic sector.
Membrane Bioreactor Market Report Highlights
- The submerged segment generated significant revenue owing to its compact structure and faster delivery time
- The hollow fiber segment dominated the global market on account of its affordability, ease of use, and wide adoption by municipal organizations across the world
- The municipal segment accounted for a major share in 2021 on account of rising population and introduction of stringent regulations associated with wastewater
- Asia Pacific is expected to experience significant growth during the forecast period owing to growing industrialization and rising concerns regarding water pollution
- The global market is highly competitive owing to the existence of large industry players with global presence including Aquatech International Corporation, Buckman Laboratories, Calgon Carbon Corporation, Danaher Corporation, General Electric Energy LLC, MANN+HUMMEL Water & Fluid Solutions, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Toray Industries, and Veolia Environnement S.A among others
Polaris Market Research has segmented the membrane bioreactor market report based on configuration, type of membrane, end-use, and region:
Membrane Bioreactor, Configuration Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
Membrane Bioreactor, Type of Membrane Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Flat Sheet
- Hollow Fiber
Membrane Bioreactor, End-Use Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
Membrane Bioreactor, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa