Burn injuries require intensive specialized treatment that is accessible only at a burn center. It’s important to understand that burns are among the most complicated and difficult to treat among all forms of traumatic injuries. Burn injuries require specialist medical professionals and facilities because they are a rare form of trauma and because of their complexity, the patient requires immediate care and recovery. A burn center is a hospital-based health care facility with specially trained medical experts and resources to treat the patient right from the initial stages of burn injury through rehabilitation.
Burn injuries are usually suffered by people of all occupations and ages, ranging from people scalded by hot liquids to fire safety working dealing with a house fire. Burns are majorly caused by chemicals, heat, sunlight, and nuclear radiation. Members of specialized burn centers have specialized handling of patients with burn injuries. North America followed by Europe has witnessed a rise in hospital admissions due to increased fire incidences causing burn injuries.
Key Developments and Major Trends Observed in the Burn Care Centers Market
- An increase in the cases of burn-related injuries, the introduction of cost-effective treatments, and favorable reimbursement policies offered by regional governments are contributing to the exponential growth of the market in developed countries.
- A growing preference for specialized treatment offered in the burn center is creating new growth avenues for the market players. The rise in awareness among people about the emergency treatment of burn injuries is further driving demand for burn centers.
- Amid the major outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, burn care centers are facing issues to maintain a proper balance between their care contributions to the pandemic response and continue the ongoing burn care safely and ethically.
- The inpatient service turning out as the largest segment with major a revenue share and is projected to be the dominating segment in the years to come, on account of the rise in the number of hospital admissions due to the increased incidents of burn injuries.
- An increase in initiatives and awareness programs run by leading organizations such as World Health Organization (WHO) and NGOs contributed significantly to the exponential growth of the market. For instance, the WHO collaborated with the International Society for Burn Injuries to improve patient care and prevent incidences of burn injuries.
Regional Insights for Burn Care Centers Market
North America dominated the market and emerged as the most revenue generator region. The presence of well-established healthcare facilities, availability of standalone center, and favorable reimbursement policies covering the majority of treatment cost, is a key factor propelling the market growth in developed countries.
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing market, expanding at a healthy CAGR in the near future. Emerging economies in the Asia Pacific such as India and China witnessing strong economic growth and an increase in healthcare expenditure. The rise in disposable income is anticipated to boost the demand for burn treatment procedures.
Competitive Scenario of the Burn Care Centers Market
The burn care centers market is witnessing a rise in competition among established players and new market entrants. Some of the promising players present in the market include Pediatric Burn Care Center, North Bristol NHS Trust, the MetroHealth System, National Burn Center (India), 3M Company, Convatec Inc., and Medtronic.
Deep-dive Insights on Burn Care Centers Market by Polaris Market Research: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/burn-care-centers-market/request-for-sample