Healthcare is one of the continuously evolving industries supported by innovations in technology to offer better healthcare services. There are numerous equipment and devices that are developed to help during disease diagnosis and treatment procedures. The medical tricorder is one such handheld portable scanning device that enables self-diagnose medical conditions without the need for any invasive tests.
The device has a handheld, high-resolution, detachable scanner which checks the function of all vital organs. Medical tricorder takes a measurement of body temperature and heart rate within few seconds to monitor the health of a person. The medical tricorder is bringing a modern era in the healthcare sector overcoming the hurdles of expensive machines and long waiting times.
Factors Responsible for Surge in Demand for Medical Tricorder
- With the adoption of the tricorder, the physicians can conduct the scanning of the patient and measure the health condition.
- Patients can also scan themselves and get a list of diagnostic suggestions with the help of such devices.
- Growing awareness about the usage of tricorder globally is driving significant demand for the medical tricorder market.
- An increasing inclination for outpatient related services and rising research & development expenditures by public-private organizations further supporting the market growth.
- The introduction of advanced products and government approvals for its usage is creating new growth avenues for the global market.
- The recent outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has driven significant demand for medical tricorder due to its remote assistance functioning useful during critical conditions.
Segmental Analysis and Growth Trends for Medical Tricorder
- For better market understanding, the global tricorder market is classified into the application and end-use segments. The application segment is further sub-segmented into monitoring and diagnosis.
- The monitoring segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth in the near future. The growth is attributed to increasing lifestyle disorders and growing awareness among the patient population.
- On the other hand, the diagnosis market segment is among the major revenue contributor for the global market on account of technological advancements and the increasing prevalence of diseases.
- On the basis of end-users, the global market for tricorder is divided into hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. Among these, the hospital segment is dominating the market as a result of easy access to hospitals and favorable healthcare reimbursement policies.
Regional Development for Medical Tricorder Market
North American region is continuously holding a stronghold on the medical tricorder market and is expected to grow substantially supported by high healthcare expenditure and an increase in disposable income. The rising preference for less intrusive medical technologies is creating lucrative opportunities for Asia Pacific’s regional market. Presence of several financially stabled market players fostering the development activities within the region. Major economies such as China and India are predicted to be the major emerging markets for such devices due to the rapid increase in the cases of obesity and diabetes.
Companies Profiled and Recent Development in Medical Tricorder Market
Leading companies operating in the global medical tricorder market include Ibis Biosciences, Scanadu, QuantuMDx Group, and others. Several companies are involved in activities such as strategic collaborations, acquisitions, mergers, and partnerships to expand their businesses in untapped markets. Apple AR brings an advanced medical tricorder that almost closer to reality. The AR-assisted ultrasound can help medical professionals to guide their own home scans. As per the recent FDA policies now it is allowed to use the medical imaging tool to provide remote assistance in emergency situations.
Deep-dive Insights on Medical Tricorder Market by Polaris Market Research: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-tricorder-market