Mortuary bags also referred to as body bags are primarily used in mortuary and hospitals as they conveniently contain a body. These bags are helpful for proper storage of the body as well as transportation of shrouded corpses. In addition to this, mortuary bags also avoids leakage of body fluids that happens during the shifting of the body from one place to another. The application of mortuary bags is not limited to the above requirement as they are also used by various medical device industries for different applications. Funeral supply companies’ drives major demand for such bags results in its increased sale across the globe. Moreover, during crime investigations, these bags play a crucial role to identify the culprit.
The growing prevalence of epidemic and pandemic, along with a rise in the incidence of road accidents across the world, are among the key factors that are projected to positively influence market growth. In addition to this, the increasing rate of deaths as a result of excessive drinking, speeding, unsafe road infrastructure, and insufficient law enforcement are some other factors expected to contribute to market growth in the future. Furthermore, rising cases of non-communicable diseases, which account for a major percentage of global deaths, is also a key factor that is predicted to exponentially increase demand for mortuary bags, thereby fueling growth opportunities.
COVID-19 Impact on Mortuary Bags Market
Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, the operations of almost all industries have been either functioning with a minimal workforce or temporarily halted due to imposed restrictions by governing bodies. However, the global mortuary bags market has witnessed a huge surge in demand owing to a rise in global deaths as a result of the ongoing pandemic. This factor is acting as a major booster for the growth of industry at domestic as well as global levels.
- Based on raw material, the polyethylene segment contributed the largest revenue share and is estimated to experience significant growth in the near future. Key characteristics of polyethylene such as lightweight, cheap, durability make it the most widely used plastic in the world. Thus, it is primarily used for manufacturing mortuary bags, which are useful for carrying the bodies of patients.
- In terms of size, the adult bags is progressing as the dominant segment and is expected to keep the dominance in years to come. The segment has led the market growth owing to the growing geriatric population and increasing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases across the globe.
- By end-use, the morgue segment held the major market share and is predicted to add more share over the forecast period. Morgues are storage rooms where human corpses are stored and awaiting identification for autopsies. Such rooms include refrigerators that are useful for delaying the decomposition of dead bodies.
- North America contributed the largest revenue share in the global mortuary bags market and is projected to increase this share in the coming years. The increasing prevalence of the COVID-19 pandemic and rapidly growing obese population are driving market growth in the region. The regional market in the Asia Pacific is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR on account of the rising geriatric population and increasing cases of chronic diseases.
- Leading companies are involved in several key strategies in the form of acquisitions, partnerships, mergers, and expansions, aiming at increasing product portfolio and improve their market positioning. Additionally, companies are focusing on research and development activities to bring technologically advanced products.
Deep-dive Insights on Mortuary Bags Market by Polaris Market Research: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/mortuary-bags-market