The global arachidonic acid market size is expected to reach USD 305.34 million by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Arachidonic Acid Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Form (Solid, Solvent); By Source; By Application; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
One of the key factors driving industry expansion is increased awareness of baby care products coupled with technological advancement in the production of ARA-rich oils using novel strains. Companies are obtaining GRAS determinations to produce ARA-rich oils produced by the fungus Mortierella Alpina with a minimum of 40% ARA in the oil. Over the last few decades, the toxicity of ARA-rich oils derived from various strains of Mortierella Alpina has been widely established.
The utilization of ARA-rich oils derived from the fungus Mortierella Alpina is widely recognized, and the component has been utilized in baby and follow-on formulas for many years. The first new food license was issued in 2008, and it was quickly followed by numerous subsequent approvals with other strains. Oil derived from Mortierella Alpina is now permitted in infant formula, follow-on formula, and meals for medical uses for babies as described in EU regulation. Key companies involved in deriving ARA-rich oils derived from the fungus Mortierella Alpina are BASF in Germany and Hubei Fuxing Biotechnology in Wuhan, China.
Another key area for the growing demand for ARA is athletics. ARA supplements are also studied in domains as diverse as neurology, hepatology, cardiology, and nutrition. However, considering arachidonic acid’s involvement in inflammatory control, there are worries about the dangers of such supplements. ARA supplementation may help enhance lean BMI, body strength, and peak power in the trained guys. Its supplements have been shown in studies to improve skeletal muscle, blood lipid profiles, and peak power without inducing substantial inflammatory signaling.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/arachidonic-acid-market/request-for-sample
Manufacturers in the ARA market get a large platform to fulfill the whole arachidonic acid demand. Product manufacturers need competent labor and specialized material handling equipment, which raises production costs. To lower production costs, prominent firms are focused on R&D and in-house manufacturing procedures, which increase product quality and hence brand value.
Arachidonic acid sales globally are becoming more competitive. With increased competition, new rivals provide a range of alternatives at reasonable prices, making ARA more accessible to customers. For instance, Manufacturers are expanding globally through imports instead of constructing manufacturing facilities, increasing demand for ARA. The European Commission’s comparable approval allowed Cargill Inc. to expand throughout Europe.
Arachidonic Acid Market Report Highlights
- North America will be the dominating region in the global market in 2021. The region’s dominance is attributed to factors such as the presence of well-established players and advancements in R&D.
- By application, infant formula dominated the global ARA market in 2021 and is projected to show a similar trend. Most of the technological and product innovations are taking place in the infant nutrition application owing to greater awareness of the benefits of ARA in child cognitive production and higher investment in infant feeding.
- By form, the solvent category accounted high share in 2021, and is projected to grow rapidly by 2030. The solvent form is dominating because of the infant application of ARA, which makes it easy to consume and helps to increase the solubility of biomembranes.
- In terms of source, plant-based ARA accounted for a majority share in 2021. The paradigm shift from animal-based to plant-based derivatives is the key factor supporting the growth of this segment.
- Major players operating in the global market include Suntory Beverage, Cayman Chemical, Cargill, BASF, CABIO Biotech, Guangdong Runke Bioengineering, Avanti Polar Lipids, Bio-Techne Corp., Merck, and A&Z Food Additives.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the arachidonic acid market report based on form, source, application, and region:
Arachidonic Acid, Form Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
Arachidonic Acid, Source Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
Arachidonic Acid, Application Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Infant Formula
Arachidonic Acid, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa