The global flame retardants market size is expected to reach USD 10.63 billion by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Flame Retardants Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Type (Brominated, Nitrogen, Chlorinated, Phosphorous, Antimony Oxide, Aluminum Trihydrate, Others); By Application; By End-Use; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
The growth of the market is influenced by factors such as urbanization, industrialization, and the rise in application in the healthcare, automotive, and electronics sectors. Consumers are increasingly moving toward non-halogenated retardants to address rising health and environmental concerns. Industry players are exploring new technologies to develop advanced products to cater to the growing consumer demand.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/flame-retardants-market/request-for-sample
Greater concerns regarding fire safety and the implementation of stringent regulations to minimize losses from fire have increased the application of flame retardants in textiles, upholstery, electrical appliances, and automobiles. These products are integrated with flame retardants to address fire safety standards and inhibit the ignition and spread of flames.
On the basis of end-use, the electrical and electronics segment accounted for a significant share of the market in 2021. However, the automotive segment is expected to experience significant growth during the forecast period. Growth in the penetration of passenger vehicles, the introduction of stringent regulations regarding vehicular safety, and an increase in the adoption of electric vehicles boost the growth of this segment.
Asia-Pacific dominated the global market in 2021. The high share of the region is attributed to factors such as industrialization and growth in the automotive sector. Greater application in the building and construction sector and growth in the sale of consumer electronics have further increased the demand for flame retardants in Asia-Pacific. Investments in research and development for the development of non-toxic products, the presence of prominent players in Asia-Pacific, and growth in developing nations in the region countries further contribute to the growth of this region.
Flame Retardants Market Report Highlights
- Aluminum trihydrate accounted for a significant revenue share due to its reduced toxicity and affordability
- The epoxy segment experienced high demand in 2021 on account of wide application in automotive and construction applications
- The electrical and electronics segment dominated the market in 2021 on account of rise in demand for mobile devices, desktops, and laptops
- Asia-Pacific accounted for a major share in 2021 owing to economic growth, industrialization, and introduction of fire safety regulations
- The industry is highly competitive owing to the existence of large industry players with a global presence including Akzo Nobel, BASF SE, Chemtura Corporation, Clariant International Ltd., DOW, and Eastman Chemical Company, Huntsman International Llc, Lanxess AG, Muby Chemicals, Nabaltec AG, and others
Polaris Market Research has segmented the flame retardants market report based on type, application, end-use, and region:
Flame Retardants, Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Antimony Oxide
- Aluminum Trihydrate
Flame Retardants, Application Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
Flame Retardants, End-Use Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Automotive and Transportation
- Electrical & Electronics
Flame Retardants, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa