The global glaucoma market size is expected to reach USD 9.77 billion by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Glaucoma Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Drug Class (Prostaglandin analogs, Beta-blockers, Adrenergic agonists, Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, and Others); By Distribution Channel; By Disease Type; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
The rising prevalence of glaucoma across the globe is the key factor bolstering market growth over the forecast period. Glaucoma is gradually becoming more common among the senior population. The elderly population’s increased use of technology, such as smartphones and laptops, is contributing to the rise in glaucoma cases. As per the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, in the entire world, glaucoma is the third most common cause of blindness and the fourth most prevalent cause of visual loss.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/glaucoma-market/request-for-sample
According to estimates, at least 3 million people are currently blind, and 4 million have glaucoma-related mild to severe vision problems. At least 50 percent of glaucoma sufferers are not aware of their condition. 90% of glaucoma cases in some developing nations go undiagnosed.
Further, it also estimated that, in 2018, glaucoma affected 1.9% of Americans over 40 age. According to estimates, there will be 112 million cases of glaucoma by 2040, up from 76 million in 2020. Vision impairment has become a prominent public health issue as the world’s population ages.
One billion people worldwide in 2020 have presbyopia or impaired distance vision. This number is projected to rise to 1/8 billion by 2050. In later life (>60 years), common causes of visual impairment, such as cataracts, glaucoma, age-related vision problems, diabetes mellitus, and presbyopia, are increasingly common.
The market for glaucoma is expanding at a remarkable rate, primarily because of the rising elderly population. The risk of glaucoma is most significant in the elderly population, yet it can also afflict people of other ages. People with diabetes and a history of glaucoma in their families are two more high-risk populations. Other market-driving drivers include rising awareness, rising healthcare costs, and screening.
Glaucoma Market Report Highlights
- The clinics segment is anticipated to grow at a fastest CAGR over the forecast period. The number of glaucoma cases worldwide has increased, which has increased the demand for ophthalmic clinic treatments. The necessity for ophthalmology clinics in the medical sector has increased as a result of an increase in eye illnesses and technological advancements.
- Beta blockers segment accounted for a significant revenue share in 2021. Due to their relative affordability, beta blockers are the most frequently chosen medication by patients. The market is seeing an increase in demand for beta-blocker eye drops due to rising treatment costs.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth over the projected period. The market’s demand for glaucoma medications has expanded as a result of rising government financing for the medical sector.
- The global glaucoma market is highly competitive owing to the existence of large market players with a global presence including Allergan PLC, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Cipla Incorporation, Inotek Pharmaceuticals, Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Pfizer Incorporation, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the glaucoma market report based on drug class, distribution channel, disease type, and region:
Glaucoma, Drug Class Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Prostaglandin analogs
- Adrenergic agonists
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors
Glaucoma, Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Hospital pharmacy
- Retail pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
Glaucoma, Disease Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Open-angle glaucoma
- Angle-closure glaucoma
Glaucoma, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa