The global disinfection and sterilization equipment market size is expected to reach USD 26.77 billion by 2030 according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Disinfection and Sterilization Equipment Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Methods (Physical Method, Chemical Method, Mechanical Method); By Products & Services; By End-Use; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
Some of the prime factors responsible for the rapid development of the market are the increasing number of surgeries, rising focus on food sterilization, and healthcare-acquired infections. The other factors responsible for propelling the market growth are the increasing demand for hospital beds and ICUs and the increased use of PPE kits and N95 masks due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-disinfection-and-sterilization-equipment-market/request-for-sample
These are some of the factors that have boosted the demand for effective disinfection processes. According to the National Library of Medicine, the requirement for the effective disinfection and purification of PPE kits and N95 masks for their selective reuse has increased during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The vaporized hydrogen peroxide (VHP) sterilizers segment is estimated to propel market growth due to the various benefits of VHP as a sterilizing agent. In 2019, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide (VHP) terminal sterilization, a Category B sterilization method, as one of the most significant and effective disinfection processes including PPE kits also.
As per the review article published by the Journal of Applied Microbiology, the terminal sterilization of medical devices/equipment using vaporized hydrogen peroxide is one of the most effective purification methods as VHP showed a powerful antimicrobial movement against a wide scope of organisms, including vegetative and bacterial endospores, fungi and viruses.
Disinfection And Sterilization Equipment Market Report Highlights
- Physical disinfection method is widely used procedure as it is performed without using any toxic chemicals, gases or fumes.
- Sterilization segment to witness the rapid growth due to the rising cases of surgeries and other medical procedures worldwide.
- Hospitals and clinics are expected to hold significant market in terms of revenue generation as most of the disinfection processes are required in these facilities only.
- North America region is expected to hold the significant revenue share during the forecast period.
- Market participants such as STERIS PLC, Getinge AB, Sotera Health, Fortive, Cardinal Health, Stryker, Merck KGaA, others, are some of the key players operating in the market.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the disinfection and sterilization equipment market report based on the method, products & services, end use, and region:
Disinfection and Sterilization Equipment Method Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Physical Method
- Dry Heat
- Moist Heat
- Ionizing Radiation
- Chemical Method
- Mechanical method
Disinfection and Sterilization Equipment Product & Services Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Heat Instruments
- Moist Heat Sterilizers
- Dry Heat Sterilizers
- Low-temperature Instruments
- Hydrogen Peroxide Sterilizers
- Ethylene Oxide Sterilizers
- Ozone-based Sterilizers
- Formaldehyde Sterilizers
- Other Low-temperature Instruments
- Filtration Instruments
- Ionizing Radiation Instruments
- E-beam Radiation Instruments
- Gamma Radiation Instruments
- Consumables & Accessories
- Chemical Indicators
- Biological Indicators
- Ethylene Oxide Services
- Gamma Services
- E-beam Services
- Steam Services
- Other Services
- Heat Instruments
Disinfection and Sterilization Equipment End-Use Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Other End-Users
Disinfection and Sterilization Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa