The global hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis market size is expected to reach USD 152.66 billion by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Hemodialysis And Peritoneal Dialysis Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Product (Device, Consumables, Service); By End-Use (Home-based, Hospital-based); By Dialysis Type; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into the current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
ESRD and CKD have one of the highest overall costs and healthcare service burdens. Renal failure and chronic kidney disease are becoming more common, which is one of the main drivers of market expansion. When one or both kidneys permanently stop functioning adequately, a patient has an end-stage renal disease (ESRD), necessitating long-term renal infusion therapy or a kidney transplant. Therefore, increasing ESRD prevalence increases the financial burden of kidney disorders globally and is a significant driver of rising service revenue.
Further, it is anticipated that there will be a rise in the demand for dialysis care due to the rising incidence of ESRD globally. As per the USRDS estimates, the highest prevalence of managed end-stage renal disease (ESRD) in 2018 was found in Jalisco, Mexico (594 pmp), Hungary (508 pmp), Taiwan (523 pmp), and the United States (395 pmp),. Also, diabetes is a key contributor to ESRD globally. In 2018, diabetes was a contributing factor in more than half of all cases reported of treated ESRD in Singapore (66.4%), Malaysia (66.2%), Qatar (63.9%), and Hong Kong (52.0)
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/hemodialysis-and-peritoneal-dialysis-market/request-for-sample
The rising prevalence of diabetes has increased ESRD, which has driven the demand for dialysis and is the factor propelling the market growth over the forecast period. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), there are currently 537 million persons living with diabetes worldwide.
It is projected that the demand for dialysis to maintain adequate kidney function will increase as renal disorders spread worldwide. It is anticipated that there will be a significant rise in the prevalence of kidney-related diseases due to the global population of older people. This is then expected to significantly accelerate the growth of the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis markets during the forecast period.
In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to support the market’s expansion in the coming years. This is primarily because of the active recommendations made by government agencies to perform surgery on COVID-19 patients in critical condition.
The Indian Government released guidelines regarding the dialysis process for COVID-19 patients, such as the state should designate and identify one facility with an adequate portion of trained staff, dialysis machines, water treatment systems, and other support types of equipment a precaution in case the Covid-19 pandemic spreads further.
Hemodialysis Market Report Highlights
- Home-based segment is anticipated to witness fastest growth over the forecast period due to the rise in demand and increase in at-home healthcare consciousness among dialysis patients
- Hemodialysis segment accounted for a significant revenue share. The need for hemodialysis is also being driven by the clinical advantages of this technique, such as the shorter process time and acceptance of the arteriovenous fistula (AV Fistula).
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a fastest rate over the forecast period. The high incidence of diabetes and hypertension, the existence of high discretionary money, and the high adoption rate of technologically improved items are all contributing to these developing reasons.
- The global players include with a global presence including Asahi Kasei Corporation, AWAK Technologies Inc., Allmed Medical Care Corporation, Nipro Corporation, Nikkiso Co., Ltd., Outset Medical, Inc., Quanta Dialysis Technologies, Toray Medical Co. Ltd., and Teleflex, Inc
Polaris Market Research has segmented the Hemodialysis market report based on product, dialysis type, end-use, and region:
Hemodialysis, Product Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Water treatment system
Hemodialysis, Dialysis Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Conventional Hemodialysis
- Short Daily Hemodialysis
- Nocturnal Hemodialysis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD)
Hemodialysis, End-Use Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
Hemodialysis, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa