The global Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) market size is expected to reach USD 1,003.07 million by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Type (2’FL, 3’FL, 3’SL, 6’SL), By Application; By Distribution Channel; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs) are key components of human milk that are produced in a number of concentrations and compositions. The HMOs have novel elements that involve regulatory approval. In the U.S., oligosaccharides are intended for use in food, as compared to dietary supplements, which are governed by Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS).
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/human-milk-oligosaccharides-hmo-market/request-for-sample
For instance, CARE4U, which is a product line of DuPont’s, is GRAS-approved that is used in infant formula and toddler foods. Additionally, with the increase in demand for HMOs, in Europe, two Human Milk Oligosaccharides have experienced a novel food safety assessment for approval by the European Commission.
There is a rise in the adoption of Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs) across the globe. In January 2022, based on an article published by the World Economic Forum, the number of births documented in Japan in 2020 stood at 840,832, which is 2.8% lower than in 2019 and the lowest since 1899.
The rising demand for HMOs is due to the enhancement in lifestyle and an upsurge in concerns about health & wellness. Moreover, HMOs in functional food and beverage products and food supplements help in treating disorders and high-risk health conditions, which, hereby, stimulated the growth of the global HMO industry. However, elevated costs associated with the product are anticipated to be a major challenge for the growth of the HMO market during the forecast period.
The COVID-19 pandemic had a substantial impact on the HMO industry. The demand for HMO augmented during the lockdown due to panic buying for at-home consumption during the initial phase of the pandemic. Resulting in the increased sales of HMOs as they serve as an immunity booster.
Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) Market Report Highlights
- The 2’FL segment is anticipated to hold the biggest market share over the forecast period.
- The infant formula dominated the global HMO industry in 2021, owing to the demand for HMOs in designing infant formulas is increasing owing to the beneficial properties of HMOs, such as prevention from infection, prebiotic effects, memory enhancement, brain development, and gut health maintenance.
- The drug store or pharmacy segment held the highest share of the Human Milk Oligosaccharides market in 2021 and is expected to grow further in the forecasting period. This is attributed to the fact that to draw attention and retaining customers during the increasing competition from mail-order retailers and supercenters
- North America is expected to be the biggest market share region over the projected period on account of the increasingly strict regulations and initiatives taken by the government.
- The global Human Milk Oligosaccharides industry is highly competitive owing to the existence of large industry players with a global presence including Abbott Laboratories, BASF S.E., Biosynth Carbosynth, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Dextra Laboratories Ltd., Dupont Nutrition & Biosciences.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) market report based on type, application, distribution channel, and region:
Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO), Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO), Application Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Infant Formula
- Functional Food & Beverage
- Food Supplements
Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO), Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Drug Store or Pharmacy
- Mass Merchandiser, Departmental Stores
- Mono-brand Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Sales Channel
Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO), Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa