The global nickel-cadmium battery market size is expected to reach USD 1,636.6 million by 2030 according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Nickel Cadmium Battery Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Cell Type (Vented Cells, Sealed Cells); By Type; By Block Battery Construction; By End-Use; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
The surging adoption of nickel-cadmium in railway applications due to long service and other advantages as well as growing adoption in critical industries for emergency power backup applications are the factors responsible for the market’s growth.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/nickel-cadmium-battery-market/request-for-sample
The growth of the market is attributed to the usage of nickel-cadmium batteries in industrial applications, especially in aerospace and railways. Additionally, the growing aviation industry and increasing renewable energy practices worldwide are providing lucrative opportunities to manufacturers.
Nickel-cadmium batteries are used in portable electronics to function on linear power discharge. The electrode is made up of nickel oxide hydroxide, a potassium hydroxide alkaline, and metallic cadmium and the battery pack consists of two or more batteries connected together. Cadmium is a hazardous metal and cannot be thrown in landfills which might hamper the market growth.
The Covid-19 pandemic has hindered the nickel-cadmium battery market as overall industries were shut down during the pandemic. Both manufacturers and end users of these batteries were shut down due to the lockdown, which hampered the sale and production of these batteries, resulting in declination.
Nickel Cadmium Battery Market Report Highlights
- Sealed type nickel cadmium batteries account for the most significant market share in 2021 as these batteries can be used individually or can be assembled into battery packs containing two or more cells.
- The C-type batteries accounted for significant market revenue in 2021 due to their growing adoption in day-to-day applications such as radios, cameras, torches, and others.
- The L range segment accounted for the most significant market share in 2021 due to its growing demand in industrial applications such as essential loads, start backup generators, and manage shut-down procedures.
- The industrial segment is anticipated to witness the largest market share during the forecast period due to the high demand for nickel-cadmium batteries in this sector due to their advantages, such as long service life and reliability.
- Asia Pacific dominated the regional market due to the robust presence of battery manufacturers in China.
- The global market is highly competitive owing to the existence of large industry players with a global presence including ALCAD A.B., ARTS Energy, Battery Specialties, Inc., BYD Co. Ltd., Cell-Con, Inc., Duracell Inc., EH Europe GmbH (EnerSys), Energizer Holdings, Inc., Glob Tek, Inc., GP Batteries International Ltd., GS Yuasa International Ltd., Interberg Batteries Ltd., Panasonic Corp., Power-Sonic Corp., Saft Groupe SAS, Sanyo Corp of America, Sichuan Changhong Battery Co., Ltd., Toshiba Corp., Uniross Batteries Corp., and VARTA AG.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the nickel cadmium battery market report based on cell type, type, block battery construction, end-use, and region:
Nickel Cadmium Battery, Cell Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Vented Cells
- Sealed Cells
Nickel Cadmium Battery, Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- C Batteries
- D Batteries
- A Batteries
- AA Batteries
- AAA Batteries
- 9 V Batteries
Nickel Cadmium Battery, Block Battery Construction Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- L Range
- M Range
- H Range
Nickel Cadmium Battery, End-Use Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automotive & Transportation
- Consumer Electronics
Nickel Cadmium Battery, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa