The global ovarian cancer market is expected to reach USD 9.67 billion by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Ovarian Cancer Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Type (Epithelial Tumors, Germ Cell Tumors, Stromal Tumors, and Primary Peritoneal Cancer); By Diagnosis; By Therapeutic Treatment; By End-User; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
Market expansion is anticipated to be fueled by the growing emphasis on early diagnosis and treatment and rising FDA approvals for the treatment. The disease prognosis is still bleak because most patients only receive advanced-stage diagnoses. For instance, in November 2021, an imaging medication called Cytalux (pafolacianine), meant to help surgeons spot ovarian cancer lesions, received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The medication makes it easier to find extra ovarian malignant tissue, which is typically challenging during surgery.
Further, in May 2020, the FDA authorized Lynparza in conjunction with bevacizumab as the initial maintenance therapy for adult patients with advanced epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or principal peritoneal cancer, according to an alliance from AstraZeneca and Merck. Therefore, there is a critical need for an in-depth study of disease biology to create potent therapeutic choices to overcome resistance and reduce toxicity.
The market is expected to be driven by increased government initiatives, rising R&D activities in cancer research, and the ease of use of new treatments and therapies. For instance, the Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance (OCRA), a non-profit group, focuses on cancer research and development. Top researchers at 79 eminent medical centers have received 349 grants totaling $110 million from OCRA, ensuring that research into ovarian cancer continues to advance the field and prepare the way for a solution. It funds several research initiatives aimed at identifying and treating this condition. Thus, these factors bolster industry growth during the forecast period.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/ovarian-cancer-market/request-for-sample
Healthcare is expanding as a result of the rising economy of the nations in both developed and emerging regions. The industry is expected to continue to increase during the forecast period due to factors such as the rising incidence of ovarian cancer and the growing number of elderly women. According to the National Institute of Health, 604 million old women will exist worldwide by 2025.
Ovarian Cancer Market Report Highlights
- Targeted therapy is anticipated to grow rapidly over the forecast period because it interfaces with specific proteins in tumorigenesis by focusing on molecular changes which stop the growth of various types of cancers. Also, targeted medicines are becoming more and more popular.
- CT Scans segment accounted for a higher revenue share. Due to its capacity to shed light on tumor dissemination, CT scan demand in cancer diagnostics is anticipated to rise.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to grow faster over the projected period due to the increasing prevalence of the geriatric population in emerging economies, improved healthcare infrastructure, rising disposable income, and increased consumer awareness regarding health.
- The global market is highly competitive owing to the existence of significant players with a global presence, including AstraZeneca Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Johnson & Johnson Corp., Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novogen, Inc., Oasmia Pharmaceutical Inc, Pfizer Inc., Roche Ltd., and Tesaro Inc.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the Ovarian Cancer market report based on type, diagnosis, therapeutic treatment, end-user, and region:
Ovarian Cancer, Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Epithelial Tumors
- Germ Cell Tumors
- Stromal Tumors
- Primary Peritoneal Cancer
Ovarian Cancer, Diagnosis Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Computed Tomography (C.T.) Scans
- Barium Enema X-Ray
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans
- Chest X-Ray
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan
- Other Diagnostic Tests
Ovarian Cancer, Therapeutic Treatment Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Other Therapeutic Treatments
Ovarian Cancer, End-User Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Diagnostic Centers
- Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
- Other End Users
Ovarian Cancer, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa