The global small drone market size is expected to reach USD 9.55 billion by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Small Drone Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Platform; By Type; By Application; By Mode of Operation; By Power Source (Fuel Powered, Battery Powered); By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides an analysis of future market growth.
The market growth can be attributed to the growing demand for the small drone in the marine patrolling and defense sector due to increasing geopolitical concerns. In addition, increasing penetration of the product owing to their performance and characteristics with high endurance, high-quality camera, and significant payload capacity is one of the major factors driving demand.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/small-drones-market/request-for-sample
In addition, the growing demand for small drones due to their several applications in precision agriculture, industrial warehousing, mapping & surveying, delivering products, and monitoring across developing economies such as India, Japan, Thailand, and China are likely to have a positive impact for the product over the coming years.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the demand for the market. The lack of raw materials resulted in the delay in the production of various components of drones, such as sensors, propellers, and motors which impacted the market negatively. However, many medical treatments and delivery were made possible from several distance ranges, which increased the demand for small UAV in developing and developed economies.
Small Drone Market Report Highlights
- The growing demand for the civil and commercial segment in several applications, such as agriculture, filming, transportation, photography, and mining, is expected to drive product demand.
- The fully autonomous segment accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and is expected to continue its dominance owing to its novel technology to operate in isolated locations and deliver high-quality data.
- Fixed-wing type is expected to spearhead revenue growth due to its cost and energy-effectiveness, flexibility, and long-range flying ability.
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow over the forecast period owing to rising government investments and technological advancement to make precise and efficient drones across developing nations in the region, such as India and China.
- Major players operating in the industry include Aeronautics Group, Aerovironment Inc., Autel Intelligent Technology Co., Bae Systems Plc, Elbit Systems Ltd, Holy Stone, Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., Lockheed Martin Corp., Microdrones Gmbh, Northrop Greumman Corp., Parrot Drones SAS, Precisionhawk Inc., Raytheon Technologies Corp., Saab Ab, Shenzhen Hubsan Technology Co.Ltd., and Skydio Inc.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the small drone market report based on platform, type, application, mode of operation, power source and region:
Small Drone, Platform Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Civil & Commercial
- Micro (250g-2 Kg)
- Small (2kg-25kg)
- Defense & Government
- Nano (<25 G)
- Micro (25g-5kg)
- Mini (5kg-150kg)
Small Drone, Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Fixed Wing
- Rotary Wing
Small Drone, Application Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Patient Transport
- Inspection & Monitoring
- Remote Sensing
- Surveying & Mapping
- Product Delivery
- Aerial Imaging
- Industrial Warehousing
- Government & Law
- Border Management
- Traffic Monitoring
- Firefighting & Disaster Management
- Search & Rescue
- Police Operations & Investigation
- Maritime Security
Small Drone, Mode of Operation Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Remotely Piloted
- Optionally Piloted
- Fully Autonomous
Small Drone, Power Source Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Fuel Powered
- Battery Powered
- Fuel Cell
Small Drone, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa