Hand sanitizer refers to an antiseptic formulation that is used to disinfect hands. It is one of the primary processes used for reducing infections transmitted. Hand sanitizers are used as a prime alternative to traditional hand washing done without water and soap. They are proving to be effective methods for containing the spread of infectious disease as they retain the moisture in hands and also prevent the removal of natural oil from the skin. The sudden outbreak of highly infectious COVID-19 has created a huge mess across the world. The use of hand sanitizers also helps to control the transmission of infectious diseases, on account of which many workplaces and schools have started using it as a safety measure.
Furthermore, hospitals and healthcare clinics have also started the use of hand sanitizers to ensure overall hand hygiene. In addition to this, governments of various countries have come forward with healthcare programs and initiatives spread awareness regarding precautionary measures. World Health Organization (WHO) has created the First Global Patient Safety Challenge to promote preventive strategies from infection. All these factors have rapidly increased the demand for hand sanitizers in domestic as well as global markets. Nowadays, manufacturers are bringing innovative packaging for hand sanitizers, such as sprays, tubes, pumps, and squeeze bottles, which make it more user-friendly.
Growing Consumer Awareness for Hand Hygiene to Stop Spread of COVID-19 Disease
Leading manufacturing companies such as Unilever, Procter, Gamble, and Henkel Corporation offering attractive packaging for sanitizers such mini bottles and sachet, which users can easily carry in a pocket or a bag. These key factors have widened the scope of this market. In addition to this, growing awareness among consumers regarding hand hygiene to stop the spread of COVID-19 disease is one of the major factors driving the demand for the hand sanitizer market. This factor is complemented by the promotional campaigns and initiatives from organizations such as the FDA and WHO regarding the necessity of hand sanitizer.
Changing the lifestyle of people due to major diseases like COVID-19 coupled with higher disposal income fueling the demand for hand sanitizer. Owing to COVID-19 pandemics several industries such as healthcare, government, hospitality, corporate, residential, military, and education sectors are demanding a large supply of hand sanitizers. This surge in demand is also supported by the major health initiative by government institutions and NGOs, urging people to maintain cleanness and proper hygiene.
Key Summary of the Hand Sanitizer Market
- The number of surgical procedures is high in number in Asian countries owing to an increase in the number of cosmetic surgeries being performed. In addition to this, rising obesity has also raised the number of surgeries in the region. Due to this the need for sanitizers used during surgeries is on the higher side.
- The rising emphasis for keeping workforce safety in developing and developed countries is anticipated to propel the growth of the hand sanitizer market.
- There has been a huge shift in the use of hand sanitizing products from industrial applications to household use, owing to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- With the increasing cases of COVID-19, especially in the US, it is projected that the country will need more hand sanitizer supply compared to other countries across the globe.
- Gojo, a leading manufacturer of hand sanitizer has launched its mobile application called Smartlink Observation System (OBV) that allows electronic collection and collation of hand hygiene.
Deep-dive Insights on Hand Sanitizer Market by Polaris Market Research: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/hand-sanitizer-market