The global motion preservation devices market size is expected to reach USD 4.02 billion by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Motion Preservation Devices Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Product; By Surgery (Open Spine Surgery, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery); By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
The population is aging, geriatric equipment use is rising, spinal illnesses are becoming more common, and technological advancements in these products contribute to the growth. For instance, the prevalence of unusual varieties of spine issues is increasing, according to the National Organization for Rare Diseases. In particular, there are 11,000 new cases of arachnoiditis each year, 0.2% to 0.5% of Americans have ankylosing spondylitis, and 1.34 to 4.6 incidences of transverse myelitis occur per million individuals in the United States. Thirty-three thousand people in the US have this illness and are disabled in some form.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/motion-preservation-devices-market/request-for-sample
Additionally, the market will grow as a result of increased technological development and bone graft product development. The advancement of a wide range of motion-preserving technologies marks the beginning of a new era of partial and total functional spinal unit replacement. For instance, AxioMed moved closer to getting US FDA approval for its visco-elastic disc replacement in February 2022. AxioMed reports that there have only been a few isolated cases of heterotopic bone formation and that there have been no documented device-related failures or revisions.
The primary goal of motion preservation devices is to offer patients an alternative to spine fusion for conditions such as lumbar spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, and facet discomfort that cause pain and loss of function in the spine. As a result, the global market is expanding.
The COVID-19 epidemic has negatively impacted the global market. In the COVID-19 breakout year, the governments of the afflicted nations delayed elective procedures and patient visits. Due to a significant decrease in non-emergency surgeries and treatments, the use of motion preservation devices for spinal problems was constrained.
Motion Preservation Devices Market Report Highlights
- In 2021, total disc replacement devices held the largest share. The segment is expected to grow as degenerative disc disease, which restricts movement, becomes more common.
- The minimally invasive segment will hold the largest share. This is expanding due to developments in surgical technology, an increase in the prevalence of obesity, and other factors.
- In 2021, North America garnered largest revenue share. The region is driven by large enterprises and the region’s rapid adoption of new technology.
- The global players with a worldwide presence include HPI Implants, Paradigm Spine, RTI Surgical, Spinal Kinetics, B. Braun Melsungen, and Orthofix Spinal Implants.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the motion preservation devices market report based on product, surgery, and region:
Motion Preservation Devices, Product Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Total Disc Replacement Devices
- Posterior Dynamic Devices
- Facet Replacement Devices
- Prosthetic Nucleus Replacement Devices
Motion Preservation Devices, Surgery Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Open Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Motion Preservation Devices, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa