The global 1,4 Butanediol (BDO) market size is expected to reach USD 20.8 Billion by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “1,4 Butanediol (BDO) Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Technology (Butadiene Process, Davy Process, Propylene Oxide Process, Reppe Process); By End-Use; By Application; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
The market is anticipated to develop as more renewable feedstocks are used to produce 1,4-butanediol. Biomass-derived sugars serve as a crucial foundation for many different applications. Among these, BDO is a chemical with a large global market that is used in a variety of applications, from electronics to plastics found in automobiles.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/1-4-butanediol-bdo-market/request-for-sample
The production of 1,4 butanediol from fossil feedstocks (coal, oil, or natural gas) using four significant energy-intensive methods is the main cause of the high greenhouse gas emissions. For instance, as per the Our World in Data, “Carbon dioxide equivalents” are the units used to evaluate greenhouse gases.
People now emit roughly 50 billion tonnes of CO2 annually as a collective. When compared to 1990, when emissions were over 35 billion tonnes, this is an increase of more than 40%. Thus, the rising GHG emissions have increased the demand for bio-based products.
The creation of a sustainable manufacturing process based on renewable feedstocks that are less expensive, use less energy, and emit fewer greenhouse emissions was spurred by growing environmental concerns and fluctuating fossil energy prices. Although bio-BDO is mostly used in plastics, it will also be used more frequently in consumer items like textiles and automobiles.
Also, because of its superior insulation qualities, bio-based 1,4-butanediol will increasingly be in demand as a primary ingredient in the manufacturing of PHT, polyurethane, and other polymers for application in nanotechnology elements, cables, microprocessor chips, printed circuit boards, and other electronic parts as the electronics industry expands along with the production of electronics and microelectronics. In the future years, it is anticipated that this surge will accelerate industry expansion.
Furthermore, the desire for spandex in fabrics and the expanding use of its derivatives in numerous manufacturing applications have been the growth’s primary drivers in recent times. One of the main BDO derivatives, tetrahydrofuran (THF), is extensively used in a variety of processes, including the creation of polytetramethylether glycols (PTMEG). Due to its wide range of liquids, this is further processed to produce spandex and is used as a blending agent when creating natural gas odorants.
1,4 Butanediol (BDO) Market Report Highlights
- Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT) segment is growing at a significant CAGR over the forecast period. Due to their high rigidity and strength, PBT is suitable for a wide range of industrial products, including brake shoes, wire coatings, and insulation material tapes.
- Butadiene Process accounted for a significant revenue share. Acetylene and butadiene are produced chemically through the butadiene process. Due to worries about the emission of cyanide in wastewater from utilizing hydrogen cyanide (HCN) as an initiator, its usage as a pathway to acrylonitrile has decreased.
- Central & South America (CSA) growing with the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. The expansion of the building industry and the expansion of infrastructure to promote regional trade and create communications systems are pushing PU consumption.
- The global market players with a global presence including Ashland Incorporation, Bioamber Inc., Dow Chemicals Incorporation, Exxon Mobi Chemicals Incorporation, Genomatica Inc., Shell Chemicals Incorporation, and Sk Global Co. Ltd.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the 1,4 Butanediol (BDO) market report based on technology, end-use, application, and region:
1,4 Butanediol (BDO), Technology Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Butadiene Process
- Davy Process
- Propylene Oxide Process
- Reppe Process
1,4 Butanediol (BDO), Application Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Tetrahydrofuran (THF)
- Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT)
- Gamma-Butyrolactone (GBL)
- Polyurethane (PU)
1,4 Butanediol (BDO), End-Use Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Chemical Industry
- Sports Industry
- Automotive Industry
- Electronic Industry
- Footwear Industry
1,4 Butanediol (BDO), Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa