The global Migraine Drugs market size is expected to reach USD 8.79 billion by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Migraine Drugs Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Product Type (Acute/Abortive Treatment, Preventive/Prophylactic Treatment); By Therapeutic Class; By Route of Administration; By End-Use; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
The increasing prevalence of neurological illnesses such as migraine among the teenage population as a result of a more sedentary lifestyle is expected to boost the market growth in the future years.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/migraine-drugs-market/request-for-sample
For instance, according to the National Institute of Health, Migraine affects about one billion people worldwide each year and is one of the most frequent neurologic illnesses, with a higher incidence and morbidity, especially among young people and females. From 1990 to 2019, the worldwide age-standardized frequency of migraine grew by 1.7%, with 1.1 billion prevalent instances in 2019.
Moreover, the increasing launch of Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)-based medicines and significant unmet requirements are some of the important reasons driving market expansion. For instance, in December 2019, Ubrelvy (ubrogepant) tablets were approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the acute (immediate) therapy of migraine, either with or without vision in adults.
Ubrelvy is not approved for the prevention of migraines. It is the first medicine licensed for the acute treatment of migraines in the category of oral calcitonin gene-related peptides (CGRP) antagonists. Thus, this rising prevalence, along with the increasing approvals, is driving market growth over the forecast period.
Furthermore, an increase in females number and a rise in patient awareness about migraine prevention and treatment are major drivers driving the market growth. Migraine headaches are more common in women than in men. According to the National Institute of Health of Migraine Association of Ireland, the global population in 2018 had a female migraineur to male migraineur ratio of 3:1. This is due to variations in estrogen levels in females, particularly during menstruation.
Furthermore, hormonal drugs, including oral contraceptives and hormone replacement treatment, may aggravate migraine in women. As a result, an increase in the worldwide female population is expected to drive the market growth of the migraine drugs.
Migraine Drugs Market Report Highlights
- Online pharmacy segment is expected to grow at a significant CAGR over the forecast period. It is the quickest segment, offering migraine drugs through e-commerce platforms. The majority of the drugs given by online pharmacy chains are for the treatment of severe migraines.
- Preventive/ Prophylactic Treatment segment accounted for a lucrative revenue share. Migraine prevention methods lessen migraine frequency and severity. Beta-blockers, botulism toxin toxins, and topiramate are the main pharmacological types used in preventive therapy.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant CAGR over the projected period. The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow significantly in the future, due to increased demand for improved health centers and improvements in the healthcare system.
- The global players include Allergan, Alder Biopharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca, Amgen Inc., eNeura Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Pfizer, and Teva Pharmaceutical.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the migraine drugs market report based on product type, therapeutic class, end-use, route of administration, and region:
Migraine Drugs, Product Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Acute / Abortive Treatment
- Preventive/ Prophylactic Treatment
Migraine Drugs, Therapeutic Class Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Acetylcholine Inhibitors/ neurotoxins
- Ergot Alkaloids
- CGRP small molecule antagonists
- CGRP monoclonal antibodies
Migraine Drugs, Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
Migraine Drugs, End-Use Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
- Online pharmacies
Migraine Drugs, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Billion, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa