Airport Sleeping Pods Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Product Type (Single Occupancy Sleeping Pods and Shared Occupancy Sleeping Pods); By Module; By End User; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2024 – 2032
- Published Date:Jan-2024
- Pages: 114
- Format: PDF
- Report ID: PM3982
- Base Year: 2023
- Historical Data: 2019-2022
The global airport sleeping pods market was valued at USD 70.87 million in 2023 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.80% during the forecast period.
The demand and need for airport sleeping pods have drastically grown over the years mainly because of the emergence of co-living spaces and capsule hotels and higher proliferation regarding the availability of single occupancy sleeping pods worldwide. In addition, with the growing penetration for products equipped with advanced safety locking systems that offer better safety of personal belongings and changes in the lifestyle of people that led to the adoption of modern equipment like sleeping pods at airports, manufacturers are encouraged to develop new product solutions with improved characteristics and features.
To Understand More About this Research: Request a Free Sample Report
- For instance, in February 2022, SlumberPod, a maker of blackout sleep pods for young children, announced the expansion of their blackout privacy sleep pods line for babies and toddlers with the launch of Homebase. It is also made up of the same breathable and blackout stretchy material and is perfect for more rest and less stress.
Moreover, there has been a significant increase in the number of innovations in airport sleeping pods that include features aimed at promoting passenger well-being, such as air purification systems, aromatherapy, and circadian lighting to help regulate sleep patterns more efficiently, which is likely to bode well for global market growth and create lucrative opportunities over the years.
For Specific Research Requirements: Request for Customized Report
However, the high cost associated with the installation of sleeping pods at airport terminals and the high maintenance and cleaning costs to keep sleeping pods clean and well-maintained, which is crucial for customer satisfaction and safety, are among the factors likely to hinder global market growth.
The research report offers a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the Airport Sleeping Pods Market to enable effective decision-making. It covers the key trends and growth opportunities anticipated to have a favorable impact on the market. Besides, the study covers segment and regional revenue forecasts for market assessment.
- Increasing air travel and surge in passenger expectations
The rapid increase in overall air travel, both for leisure and business purposes globally, has led to a higher volume of passengers opting for overnight stays and extended layovers and growing expectations of travelers for higher convenience and comfort by providing a comfortable and private space for rest as well as work or leisure, are among the primary factors boosting the growth of the airport sleeping pods market.
- For instance, as per a report published by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), domestic air traffic increased by 27.2% YoY in June 2023, which surpasses the pre-pandemic RPKs by about 5.1%. Also, in the first half of 2023, the global revenue of passenger kilometers grew by over 47.2% compared to the same period of the previous year.
The market is primarily segmented based on product type, module, end user, and region.
By Product Type
By End User
To Understand the Scope of this Report: Speak to Analyst
By Product Type Analysis
- Single occupancy segment accounted for the largest market share in 2022
The single occupancy segment accounted for the largest market share. The growth of the segment market can be largely attributed to its numerous advantageous characteristics and features, such as private and comfortable spaces for resting, customized amenities, higher flexibility, and hygiene and cleanliness, among others. In addition, it further helps to reduce congestion in terminal waiting areas, as an increased number of passengers utilize these pods for their convenience and are not occupying seats or lounges.
The shared segment is also expected to hold a substantial market share throughout the study period, mainly due to its cost-efficiently compared to private pods and hotel rooms attracts a significant number of passengers towards them coupled with the better space optimization, as they can easily accommodate more travelers in a smaller area than private ones.
By Module Analysis
- Compact nap pods segment led the industry market in 2022
The compact nap pods segment led the industry market in terms of revenue in 2022, which is majorly driven by its growing popularity among travelers as a more comfortable and convenient solution to get some rest at airports. Besides this, as more travelers are becoming aware of the importance of relaxation during travel, the demand and adoption of compact nap pods are likely to grow drastically as they offer travelers a chance to rejuvenate during their journeys.
The multiple nap rods segment is likely to register the highest growth over the forecast period, which is mainly accelerated by its ability to offer enhanced comfort and privacy, as they are equipped with features like comfortable bedding, charging ports, and soundproofing. In addition, some of the nap pod providers worldwide are focusing on the incorporation of advanced features, including entertainment systems, adjustable lighting, and climate control, to meet growing consumer needs and individual preferences.
By End User Analysis
- Adults segment is likely to witness highest growth throughout the forecast period
The adult segment accounted for a noteworthy market share and is also likely to exhibit the fastest growth during the projected period, on account of a substantial rise in the number of adult people traveling by air for both leisure and business purposes that led to an increased need for services offering convenient and comfortable relaxation solutions like sleeping pods. Apart from this, as airport hotels are generally an expensive option especially in major metropolitan areas worldwide, sleeping pods are gaining huge traction due to their ability to offer a more affordable option for travelers looking for a short period of rest before continuing their journey.
- North America region dominated the global market in 2022
The North America region dominated the global market, which is mainly driven by the presence of some of the world’s busiest airports, with millions of travelers across the region and greater demand for comfortable resting options during extended waiting periods and layovers. As the concept of sleeping pods is becoming widely known and accepted, more passengers are likely to seek out and utilize these types of facilities when available; thus several airports are looking to incorporate sleeping pods at various terminals to boost their revenue significantly.
- For instance, as per a report published by Airports Council International, Atlanta GA Airport is the world’s busiest airport, with a total number of passengers 93,699,630 in 2022, followed by Dallas/Fort Worth TX Airport and Denver Co Airport, all belonging to the United States. Not only this, 10 out of the top 20 airports worldwide are in the United States.
The Asia Pacific will grow at a rapid pace, owing to a rapid surge in airport infrastructural development and construction of new airports in developing economies coupled with the surge in the number of airports introducing advanced and convenient sleeping pods with several new and innovative features.
Key Market Players & Competitive Insights
The airport sleeping pods market is highly competitive in nature with the presence of several regional or global market players. The leading product manufacturers are heavily investing in R&D activities to launch new products with enhanced capabilities and expand their market reach and presence with the help of several business development strategies including partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions.
Some of the major players operating in the global market include:
- Go Sleep
- Minute Suites
- Nap Cabs
- Smart Carte
- Snooze at My Space
- Snooze Cube
- In January 2022, Vienna Airport installed rentable sleeping pods at Level 2 of Terminal 3, that will offer passengers a place to rest, work, and stay overnight. The new sleeping cabins are equipped with free W-Lan, USB ports, and feature a multimedia entertainment system to play music and stream films.
- In August 2022, Chennai Airport, announced the launch of its new sleeping facility known as Sleepzo, and can be easily accessed by the domestic travellers. As per the Airports Authority of India, sleeping pods contain advanced amenities like reading lights, USB charger, charging points, ambient lights, and blower control among others.
Airport Sleeping Pods Market Report Scope
Market size value in 2024
USD 74.05 million
Revenue forecast in 2032
USD 107.42 million
4.80% from 2024 – 2032
2019 – 2022
2024 – 2032
Revenue in USD million and CAGR from 2024 to 2032
By Product Type, By Module, By End User, By Region
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America; Middle East & Africa
Report customization as per your requirements with respect to countries, region and segmentation.
Explore the landscape of Airport Sleeping Pods Market in 2024 through detailed market share, size, and revenue growth rate statistics meticulously organized by Polaris Market Research Industry Reports. This expansive analysis goes beyond the present, offering a forward-looking market forecast till 2032, coupled with a perceptive historical overview. Immerse yourself in the depth of this industry analysis by acquiring a complimentary PDF download of the sample report.
Browse Our Top Selling Reports