High-Speed Data Converter Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Type (Digital-to-analog Converter, Analog-to-digital Converter); By Frequency Band; By Application; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2024 - 2032
- Published Date:Jan-2024
- Pages: 117
- Format: PDF
- Report ID: PM4276
- Base Year: 2023
- Historical Data: 2019 – 2022
High-Speed Data Converter Market size was valued at USD 3.24 billion in 2023. The market is anticipated to grow from USD 3.44 billion in 2024 to USD 5.76 billion by 2032, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period
High-Speed Data Converter Market Overview
Utilizing high-speed data converters has become integral for enhancing and shaping the architecture of high-performance electronic systems, opening new application perspectives. State-of-the-art modulators, propelled by emerging circuits and system techniques, continuously push the boundaries of performance, giving rise to successive generations of data converters. The current and future trajectory of this advancement is influenced by a myriad of factors, including the global economy, technological evolution, and marketing strategies.
The market is witnessing increased adoption of technologically advanced data acquisition systems, driven by the need to manage high rates of encoded information in multiple signals. Data acquisition (DAQ) systems have evolved from research-centric applications to modern engineering processes, emphasizing a trend toward modular hardware combined with flexible software. These modern modular systems incorporate suitable signal conditioning and analog-to-digital conversion (ADC), accommodating various interfacing sensors to meet diverse data acquisition requirements.
The traditional approach to specific DAQ tasks is deemed impractical in the face of contemporary requirements. Consequently, the market is transitioning towards a more software-defined approach to DAQ, with a notable emergence of high-speed USB-enabled DAQs.
To Understand More About this Research: Request a Free Sample Report
Moreover, the increasing demand for high-resolution images in scientific and medical applications is a driving force in the market. Data converters play a pivotal role in addressing the challenges posed by medical imaging, including dynamic range, resolution, accuracy, linearity, and noise. Achieving a high resolution of at least 24 bits is crucial for producing better and sharper images, coupled with a fast-sampling rate to digitize detector readings as brief as 100 µs in computed tomography (CT) solutions. The ADC sampling rate must also facilitate multiplexing, reducing the need for numerous converters and contributing to the overall system's size and power reduction.
Companies like Analog Devices are at the forefront of addressing these demanding requirements, offering highly integrated solutions for key signal chain functional blocks. Products such as ADAS1135, ADAS1256 (X-ray applications), ADAS1134 (CT applications), and others drive the medical applications market, providing best-in-class solutions for clinical imaging equipment.
For Specific Research Requirements, Request for a Customized Research Report
High-Speed Data Converter Market Dynamics
- Increasing need for end-user test and measurement solutions is projected to spur the product demand.
Advanced modulation and antenna techniques have been instrumental in improving data services and voice quality within the communication sector. The rigorous testing of diverse networking components such as repeaters, routers, and connectors demands the use of precision-oriented test and measurement instruments like RF signal analysis equipment, signal generators, logic analyzers, network analyzers, and cable testers. Analog-to-digital converters and digital-to-analog converters play an indispensable role in facilitating signal conversions for these instruments. The escalating reliance on these converters in communication testing equipment serves as a pivotal driver for market growth.
Similarly, within the industrial sector, test and measurement equipment are utilized for evaluating and overseeing various parameters, encompassing product quality, safety standards, frequency signals, current, voltage, and telecommunication services. As a result, the increasing demand for test and measurement equipment significantly contributes to the growth and heightened demand for high-speed data converters.
- Advancement of low-power consumption data converters are likely to impede the market growth.
In contemporary integrated circuits, power consumption stands as a primary design constraint. The conversion of low-frequency bioelectric signals does not necessitate high speed but demands ultra-low-power operation. Balancing this requirement with the needed conversion accuracy presents a significant challenge in the design of such Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs).
The market is primarily segmented based on frequency band, type, application, and region.
By Frequency Band
To Understand the Scope of this Report: Speak to Analyst
High-Speed Data Converter Market Segmental Analysis
By Type Analysis
- The Analog-to-digital Converter segment held the largest revenue share in 2023. ADCs are capable of gauging and transforming real-world signals, such as temperature, pressure, acceleration, and speed, into digital signals. Throughout the conversion process, the ADC assesses the analog input signal in comparison to a known reference input, resulting in the generation of a digital representation of the analog input. To prevent information loss, many systems utilize ADCs with higher resolutions. The precision of the converter, indicated by its accuracy, determines the number of bits in the digital output code that convey useful information about the input signal. Hence, the sampling rate holds a crucial role in ADC devices, influencing how accurately they convert analog signals into digital forms. The increasing adoption of industrial DAQ and medical devices, such as cardiac endoscopes, hemodynamic monitors, monitors, multi-parameter monitors, respiratory monitors, digital thermometers, and ophthalmoscopes, is expected to propel the market for ADCs.
By Application Analysis
- The Medical segment accounted for the highest market share during the forecast period. Monitoring devices like hemodynamic, cardiac, and respiratory monitors necessitate versatile data converters. Conversely, imaging devices such as computed magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners, tomography (CT) scanners, and ultrasound systems may require high-speed data converters for optimal functioning, serving as a significant driver for the segment growth.
The increasing demand for personalized, user-friendly, and advanced medical devices, coupled with the growing adoption of wearable electronics, constitutes major factors contributing to the expansion of the electronic medical devices. These devices are equipped with one or more sensors and probes depending on specific requirements. Data converters play a pivotal role in this landscape, facilitating the conversion of data into digital form for analysis, consequently fostering the growth of the data converter market.
High-Speed Data Converter Market Regional Insights
- The Asia Pacific region dominated the global market with the largest market share in 2023
This is attributed to the region's robust demand for communication systems, consumer equipment, and white goods. Additionally, the increasing trend in industrial automation is driving the need for high-speed data converters integrated into sensor-based systems. Key providers of high-speed data converters in the region include Renesas Electronics Corporation (Japan), Corebai Microelectronics (Beijing) Co., ROHM CO., LTD. (Japan), Ltd. (China), and Atom Semiconductor Technologies Limited (China).
During the forecast period, North America is expected to register the most rapid growth in market share within the high-speed data converter industry. In North America, end users extensively employ test and measurement solutions to enhance the delivery of video, audio, and data services. The increasing demand for test and measurement equipment is anticipated to be a significant driver for the growth of the high-speed data converter market in the region. Moreover, the well-established medical equipment manufacturing industry in North America is poised to contribute to the demand for high-speed data converters in the upcoming years.
The High-Speed Data Converter market is fragmented and is anticipated to witness competition due to several players' presence. Major service providers in the market are constantly upgrading their technologies to stay ahead of the competition and to ensure efficiency, integrity, and safety. These players focus on partnership, product upgrades, and collaboration to gain a competitive edge over their peers and capture a significant market share.
Some of the major players operating in the global market include:
- Agile Analog Ltd.
- Alphacore Inc.
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Antelope Audio
- Atom Semiconductor Technologies Limited
- Corebai Microelectronics (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Data Device Corporation
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Numato Systems Private Limited
- Omni Design Technologies, Inc.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Rio Systems
- ROHM CO., LTD.
- Synopsys, Inc.
- Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
- TEWS Technologies GmbH
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Vervesemi Microelectronics Pvt LTD.
- In November 2023, Synopsys, Inc. (US) and the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) (India) have declared the establishment of the Synopsys Semiconductor Lab for Virtual Fab Solutions at IIT Bombay. The purpose of SemiX is to serve as an interdisciplinary platform supporting industry-oriented research and education, fostering entrepreneurship, and conducting policy studies.
- In November 2023, ROHM CO., LTD. (Japan) has disclosed the acquisition of the assets previously owned by Solar Frontier at the Kunitomi Plant in Japan. This acquisition is based on the basic agreement previously signed with SOLAR FRONTIER K.K. (Japan). LAPIS Semiconductor Co. Ltd, a subsidiary of the ROHM Group, will take over the operation of the plant, rebranding it as the Miyazaki Plant.
The High-Speed Data Converter market report emphasizes on key regions across the globe to provide better understanding of the product to the users. Also, the report provides market insights into recent developments, trends and analyzes the technologies that are gaining traction around the globe. Furthermore, the report covers in-depth qualitative analysis pertaining to various paradigm shifts associated with the transformation of these solutions.
The report provides detailed analysis of the market while focusing on various key aspects such as competitive analysis, frequency band, type, application, and their futuristic growth opportunities.
High-Speed Data Converter Market Report Scope
Market size value in 2024
USD 3.44 billion
Revenue forecast in 2032
USD 5.76 billion
6.6% from 2024 – 2032
2019 – 2022
2023 – 2032
Revenue in USD billion and CAGR from 2023 to 2032
By Type, By Frequency Band, By Application, By Region
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America; Middle East & Africa
Report customization as per your requirements with respect to countries, region and segmentation.
key companies in High-Speed Data Converter Market are ADSANTEC, Agile Analog Ltd., Alphacore Inc., Analog Devices, Inc., Antelope Audio, Atom Semiconductor Technologies Limited
High-Speed Data Converter Market exhibiting the CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period
The High-Speed Data Converter Market report covering key segments are frequency band, type, application, and region.
key driving factors in High-Speed Data Converter Market are increasing need for end-user test and measurement solutions, contributing to market growth
The global High-Speed Data Converter market size is expected to reach USD 5.76 billion by 2032