The global dry eyes disease market size is expected to reach USD 431.7 million by 2030, according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Dry Eyes Disease Market Share, Trends, Size, Industry Analysis Report, By Drug Type (Tear-stimulating, Artificial Tears, Topical Corticosteroids, Immunosuppressive, Others); By Technology, By Distribution Channel; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2022 – 2030” provides in-depth insights into the dynamics of the current market and provides an analysis of future market growth.
The expanded frequency of dry eye disorder due to the developing elderly populace bolsters the solid development of the dry eye disorder showcase. The foremost common dry eye is related to chronic eye malady and contains a higher predominance among the elderly than in grown-ups.
A significant proportion of the world’s population (middle-aged and older) suffers from dry eye. The disease occurs more often in women than in men. Dry eye is a type of eye surface disorder that causes the eyes to not shed enough tears and is associated with symptoms of eye discomfort.
Dry eye malady is additionally known as keratoconjunctivitis sicca, keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), eye dyskinesia, dry eye disorder (DES), and broken tear disorder (DTS). It is expected that R & D activities and clinical trials will become more important to promote the spread of dry eye treatments and medicines. Increased product innovation and development are expected to drive demand for dry eye syndrome treatment.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the link below:https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-dry-eyes-disease-market/request-for-sample
The growing demand for faster, non-invasive treatment approaches that alleviate the symptoms of dry eye in the long term is expected to drive the growth of the dry eye treatment device market. For example, an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) session lasts about 15-20 minutes, and 4-5 sessions are best for long-term relief of dry eye symptoms.
As a result, there is a growing preference among patients who are dissatisfied or dissatisfied with the frequent use of eye drops to relieve the symptoms of dry eye. The increasing prevalence of dry eye syndrome and meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) worldwide is expected to drive market growth. The expanding number of eye care items and centers is additionally anticipated to fortify worldwide requests for dry eye disorder treatment within the coming long time. On the other hand, growing awareness of eye diseases is driving market growth in all regions. Faster drug approval and commercialization in countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom create tremendous market opportunities for players in this area.
Dry Eyes Disease Market Report Highlights
- Increased screen time and dry eye with face masks are expected to increase growth over the next few years. Pre-COVID growth was projected to be lower as compared to the updated CAGR between 2022 and 2030.
- The MGX segment accounted for the largest share of sales in 2021. MGX is considered to be one of the most efficient options for treating meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), one of the leading causes of dry eye.
- Ophthalmologists will equip the facility with IPL and MGX treatment devices, recognize the economic benefits of treating patients in the clinic and refer them to other centers.
- North America led the market in 2021 with the largest revenue share. The high prevalence of dry eye increased R & D costs, and the increased number of professional ophthalmic conferences and exhibitions in the United States and Canada have contributed significantly to North America’s major market share.
- The global dry eye market is highly competitive due to a large number of players in the market with a global presence including Johnson & Johnson, Inc., OASIS Medical, Bausch Health Companies Inc., Akorn, Inc., Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc., Thea Pharmaceuticals Limited and Others.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the dry eye disease market report based on drug type, technology, distribution channel, and region:
Dry Eyes Disease, Drug Type Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2022 – 2030)
- Topical Corticosteroids
- Artificial Tears
Dry Eyes Disease, Technology Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2022 – 2030)
- Broadband light (BBL)
- Meibomian Gland Expression (MGX)
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- Combination (MGX+IPL)
Dry Eyes Disease, Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2022 – 2030)
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Specialty Clinics
Dry Eyes Disease, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2022 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa