The global next generation sequencing market expected to reach US$ 25.85 billion by 2028 according to a new study by Polaris Market Research. The report “Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Application (Drug Discovery/Personalized Medicine, Genetic Screening, Diagnostics/Infectious Diseases, Agricultural & Animal Research); By Technology; By Product; By End-Use; By Regions; Segment Forecast, 2021 – 2028” gives a detailed insight into current market dynamics and provides analysis on future market growth.
The global next-generation sequencing market is anticipated to grow owing to advancements in both technology and genetic data analysis through the use of bioinformatics and other computational tools. Market players are focusing on developing automated sequencers equipped with high speed and accuracy. Moreover, significant investments in start-ups causing intense competition, thereby reducing the cost of sequencing. This has also enabled increased adoption in emerging nations.
The global next-generation sequencing market is fragmented based on application, technology, product, end-use, and region. In terms of application, the market is segmented into drug discovery/personalized medicine, genetic screening, diagnostics/infectious diseases, agricultural & animal research, and others.
The technology market segment is further divided into the whole genome, targeted sequencing & re-sequencing, whole exome, RNA sequencing, chip sequencing, de novo sequencing, and methyl sequencing. The product market segment is further divided into instruments, reagents & consumables, and services. The end-use market segment is further divided into healthcare institutions, academics, biotech & pharma firms, and others.
Have Questions? Request a sample or make an Inquiry before buying this report by clicking the following link: https://www.polarismarketresearch.com/industry-analysis/next-generation-sequencing-ngs-market/request-for-sample
- Infectious diseases segment is estimated to hold a major share in the global next generation sequencing market, owing to increasing usage of NGS in infectious diseases. Genetic screening segment is expected to expand at highest CAGR during the forecast.
- Based on technology, the target sequencing segment is projected to constitute almost half of the market in 2028. This can be attributed to the fact that concerned sequencing technique offers cost effective approach and increased market activities.
- North America region is dominating in the global next generation sequencing market, holding almost one third of the market share throughout forecast period. Recent spike in COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. and government funded genetic studies favoured the region’s growth.
- The players including QIAGEN, Oxford Nanopore Technologies, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. together held a significant market share of global next generation sequencing industry in year 2020.
List of Key Players
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- F Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- Genomatix GmbH
- DNASTAR, Inc.
- Eurofins GATC Biotech GmbH
- Perkin Elmer, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
Polaris Market Research has segmented the next generation sequencing market report on the basis of application, technology, product, end-use and region
Next Generation Sequencing, Application Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Drug Discovery/Personalized Medicine
- Genetic Screening
- Diagnostics/Infectious Diseases
- Agricultural & Animal Research
Next Generation Sequencing, Technology Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Whole Genome Sequencing
- Targeted Sequencing & Re-sequencing
- Whole Exome Sequencing
- RNA Sequencing
- Chip Sequencing
- De Novo Sequencing
- Methyl Sequencing
Next Generation Sequencing, Product Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Reagents & Consumables
Next Generation Sequencing, End-Use Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Healthcare Institutions
- Biotech & Pharma Firms
Next Generation Sequencing, Regional Outlook (Revenue – USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa