Website Builder Tools Market Share, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis Report, By Type (PC Website Builders and Mobile Website Builders); By Deployment Type; By Application; By Region; Segment Forecast, 2023 – 2032
- Published Date:Dec-2023
- Pages: 119
- Format: PDF
- Report ID: PM4118
- Base Year: 2022
- Historical Data: 2019-2021
The global website builder tools market was valued at USD 3.44 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 27.5% during the forecast period.
In the last few years, website builder tools have become increasingly user-friendly, allowing individuals and businesses with no technical knowledge and expertise in website building and managing along with the development of new cost-effective solutions that make website access to even small businesses and individuals with limited budget, are among the leading factors propelling the global market growth. Besides this, the easier availability of pre-designed templates and themes in these tools, allowing users to create creative and attractive websites without any professional design skills, is further influencing the growth of the market.
To Understand More About this Research: Request a Free Sample Report
- For instance, in January 2023, HubSpot introduced a new, powerful, and free drag-and-drop website builder, which is an entry-level content management system designed to empower builders to create fast, secure, and reliable websites conveniently.
Moreover, major companies offering website builder tools are now focusing on integrating AI and machine learning algorithms into their tools to assist users in creating more personalized and user-friendly websites. As AI-powered tools can significantly help with content recommendations, design suggestions, and even automated chatbots for customer support, this makes them a crucial technology shaping market growth.
For Specific Research Requirements: Request for Customized Report
However, there are numerous issues associated with website builder tools, such as limited customization, integration challenges, scalability issues, performance concerns, and lack of full control over code, among many others, which are likely to hamper the global market growth over the years.
- Continuous rising in online shopping trend
There has been a constant surge in the trend for online shopping as a result of the emergence of various online shopping platforms that are offering a range of benefits to consumers and an increased number of social media users who are becoming aware of the availability of products at online channels and their benefits over retail shopping. Thus, several businesses are seeking website builders that offer innovative features and templates that automatically adapt to different screen sizes and requirements, which, in turn, drive the global market growth at a significant pace.
- For instance, according to our findings, more than 4.80 billion people, which makes up 60% of the world’s population, now use social media, and the number of social media users has grown by over 150 million users in the past 12 months.
The market is primarily segmented based on type, deployment type, application, and region.
By Deployment Type
To Understand the Scope of this Report: Speak to Analyst
By Type Analysis
- PC website builders segment accounted for the largest market share in 2022
The PC website builders segment accounted for the largest market share. The growth of the segment market is highly attributable to the availability of a wider range of pre-designed templates and themes, enabling users to quickly create a visually appealing website while reducing the time and effort needed for web design. Along with this, PC website builders are specially designed to be user-friendly and easily accessible to individuals with little or no extensive technical knowledge, which makes them highly preferable options for individuals and boosts segment growth rate.
The mobile website builders segment is expected to grow at the highest growth rate throughout the study period, mainly due to the growing consumption of mobile internet and the surge in the number of businesses adopting a mobile-first approach to web design. Apart from this, they allow for rapid prototyping and deployment of websites because of their ability to eliminate extensive coding and technical expertise.
By Deployment Type Analysis
- Cloud-based website builders segment expected to hold significant share
The cloud-based website builders segment is expected to hold significant market share in terms of revenue in 2022, which is majorly driven by their growing adoption by both individuals and businesses, as they are specifically designed to be user-friendly and cost-effective so that users can reduce or avoid high upfront costs associated with custom website development.
In addition, many cloud-based website builders also offer integrations with several other popular tools and services, such as e-commerce platforms, marketing automation, and analytics tools, which can significantly enhance the functionality of the website and improve the overall user experience, which leads to increased adoption of these solutions.
By Application Analysis
- Business website segment is expected to witness highest growth
The business website segment is projected to grow at the highest growth rate throughout the study period, which is largely attributable to a rapid increase in the number of small and medium-sized businesses that are looking for cost-effective website builder solutions, allowing them to maintain professional online presence. Additionally, with the constant rise in the number of cyber threats around the world, businesses are placing a greater emphasis on premium website builder tools that offer robust security features to protect their website and customer data more securely.
- North America region dominated the global market in 2022
The North America region dominated the global market. The regional market growth can be mainly attributed to growing awareness among both individuals and businesses for having a strong online presence and continuous expansion of the e-commerce industry across the region. Apart from this, the region has a higher penetration for smartphone and tablet usage, which resulted in an increased need for mobile-friendly or responsive websites. It also has reliable customer support and educational resources for users to learn about websites, thereby boosting the region’s growth over the coming years.
- For instance, according to our findings, the smartphone penetration in the United States has surged to about 91% in 2023 from an estimated penetration of 53% in 2013 and has increased at a decent growth rate of 6%.
Asia Pacific will grow at a rapid pace, owing to the region’s substantial increase in internet penetration, with a greater number of people gaining access to fast internet facilities and the robust presence of some of the rapidly digitalizing economies in the Asia Pacific region. Also, governments in the region have introduced initiatives and programs to promote or support the growth of their digital economy, which could further drive the adoption of website builder tools.
- For instance, as per our findings, the number of active internet users in India has reached 52% of the total population, which accounts for approx. 759 million people, which includes 399 million from rural areas and 360 million from urban areas. The number of people accessing internet in India is expected to reach 900 million by 2025.
Key Market Players & Competitive Insights
The website builder tools is highly competitive in nature with several regional and global market players competing in the market. Some of the leading market players are extensively investing their money and time on several business development and expansion strategies such as partnerships, collaborations, acquisitions, and new product launches.
Some of the major players operating in the global market include:
- Automattic Inc.
- Duda and Doodlebit LLC
- Homestead Technologies Inc.
- IM Creator
- Open Source Matters Inc.
- Square Inc.
- The Endurance International Group
- Wix.com Inc.
- Yola Inc.
- Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
- In August 2021, Bluehost, a globally trusted web hosting provider specializing in WordPress, announced the launch of its new Bluehost Website Builder, a new and smart design editor for WordPress. This launch represents the company’s commitment to developing accessible WordPress solutions for any website.
- In May 2021, GetResponse introduced its new Website Builder that uses advanced artificial intelligence technology to design complex and eye-catching websites for businesses of all sizes.
Website Builder Tools Market Report Scope
Market size value in 2023
USD 4.37 billion
Revenue forecast in 2032
USD 39.02 billion
27.5% from 2023 – 2032
2019 – 2021
2023 – 2032
Revenue in USD billion and CAGR from 2023 to 2032
By Type, By Deployment Type, By Application, By Region
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America; Middle East & Africa
Report customization as per your requirements with respect to countries, region and segmentation.